Do you think you may have opened a virus file disguised as an image or document file from a trusted email? Is your computer no longer functioning normal, like it used to? Does your computer seem like it is constantly doing something even when you are not using it? Your computer might be infected with a computer virus.
A computer virus is a computer software known also as malware that can sometimes replicate itself and spread from one computer to another. The term Malware includes computer viruses, computer worms, Trojan horses, most rootkits, spyware, dishonest adware, malicious or unwanted software, true viruses, adware and spyware programs that do not have a reproductive ability.
Many computer problems are the result of a computer virus. This is a list of common signs of an virus infection you should watch for:
- The computer runs slower than normal
- The computer stops responding or freezes up
- The computer cannot connect to the Internet
- The computer has limited to no network connectivity
- Internet Explorer will no longer connect to the Internet
- The computer is crashing and restarting often
- The computer restarts on its own and is not running normally
- Your files seem to have disappeared
- There are other system users available at start-up
- Software on your computer is not functioning correctly
- Strange support software pops up when running Microsoft Office
- Hardrives or recovery partitions are inaccessible
- The computer will no longer print correctly
- The computer has unusual error messages, strange anti-virus and anti-spyware programs running, or is showing pop-ups
- The computer is showing alternate window borders, and strange menus that are not normally there.
- Rouge security software is running on the computer
- Your email contacts have been receiving strange emails from you that you did not send
If you know your computer has been compromised at some point or if you are experiencing any combination of these signs, your computer may be infected by a computer virus. Bring your computer to Ivanhoe Computers today for a virus scan and removal!